Daily Bread’s Take Action Project (TAP) lets you earn a lot of volunteer hours while doing a lot of good for people living in poverty in Toronto.
You will help sort non-perishable food donations, pack produce as it arrives from the farm, and do other necessary jobs on our production floor.
This year, TAP offers two chances to volunteer:
March Break (March 12 to 16, 2018): you can work up to 3 half-day shifts during the week. Each half-day shift is 3 hours long, so the maximum number of hours you can earn that week is 9.
Tuesdays and Thursdays in July and August: you can work up to 8 half-day shifts in that two-month period, so the maximum number of hours you can earn in July and August is 24.
Who can volunteer?
- TAP is open to students from grades 9 to 12.
- Students aged 14 and under must be accompanied by a parent or guardian who will volunteer with them during the entire shift.
- Students younger than 18 must bring a signed copy of the Parent/Guardian Permission and Waiver Form for Minors or they cannot participate.
How to register as a TAP volunteer
- Email Tira Campbell, Youth and Community Program Coordinator, at email@example.com and ask for a TAP registration package. Heads-up: when you get your registration package, you will have to sign, print, scan and email the completed forms to firstname.lastname@example.org or fax them to 416-203-0045.
- Do you want to volunteer with friends? Perfect! Please note that each person must complete their own registration form AND bring in their own Waiver Form for Minors that has been signed by their own parent or legal guardian, if they are younger than 18.
- Please note that volunteer letters are given at the discretion of Daily Bread Food Bank, and are given based on consistent attendance, punctuality, and participation.
Please email Tira Campbell, Youth and Community Program Coordinator at email@example.com
or call her at 416-203-0050 ext. 289.