Thank you for sharing your time and energy with Daily Bread Food Bank. We are so grateful.
151 employees. 2 hours of giving back = 302 hours or 38 days volunteered in the community!
- Wrote 175 thank-you cards to new Daily Bread supporters ensuring the sustainability of city-wide food programs
- 16,728 lbs of food sorted – enough food for 836 families for 2.5 days
- 1600 soup portions packed for delivery to meal programs
- 480 individual meal portions packaged for delivery through Red Cross to marginalized neighbours who are unable to physically access food banks
- 200 lbs of carrots rescued from food waste and prepared for food bank users
Want to stay involved with Daily Bread?
Here are a few ways you can continue to support our mission to end hunger in our city:
- Volunteer as an individual or with your family.
- Become a monthly donor to help sustain vital programs, such as our Farm to Food Bank program and our Summer Markets – which make available fresh, nutritious produce to families in high-priority neighbourhoods.
- Celebrate a loved one or an anniversary with a unique gift, and help feed someone who would otherwise go hungry.
- Host a food drive in your neighbourhood, condo or at your place of worship. Check our our list of ‘most needed’ items.
Want to learn more?
Thank you for supporting Daily Bread Food Bank’s vision to end hunger in Toronto.