Research volunteers needed to administer surveys with food bank clients about their experiences with food insecurity and poverty in Toronto.
The results of this survey inform Daily Bread Food Bank’s and North York Harvest’s annual Who’s Hungry report and to advocate for solutions to end hunger and poverty in our city.
We are looking for volunteers to conduct surveys at food bank sites throughout Toronto from April 18 to May 6, 2022. In this role, volunteers can expect to learn research best practices, receive training on conducting our survey, and gain experience in the field
- Attend a two-hour virtual training session
- Conduct one-on-one surveys with food bank clients on a range of issues
- Commit to a minimum of 3 shifts (each shift lasts 3-4 hours)
Skills / Qualifications:
- At least 18 years of age
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Fluent in English. Ideally seeking candidates who are fluent in at least one additional language (Russian, Arabic, Mandarin, French, Spanish, Tamil). Previous experience with translation/interpretation is an asset.
- Previous experience conducting community-based research or front-line service delivery is an asset
- Ability to use own mobile device to conduct surveys also an asset
If you are interested, please email Anteneh at email@example.com by April 15.
Let him know why you are interested in the role, your availability, areas of the city you are willing to travel to, any additional languages you know, and your level of fluency.