In 2018, 11,529 amazing individuals volunteered their time, energy and passion at Daily Bread, giving an astounding 77,256 hours of service.
Daily Bread thrives because of the hard work of volunteers who, day in and day out, help us to sort and pack food donations, work at our on-site food bank, assist us in the kitchen preparing nutritious meals that go out to member agencies and food programs all across the city.
This past December, the entire Daily Bread team got together to celebrate our volunteers at Winterbash 2018!
Our annual volunteer awards were presented to outstanding individuals who support our various departments, and who went above and beyond in their commitment to our organization.
Here are this year’s award-winning volunteers:
- Karen (with Matt Neill, Daily Bread Kitchen)
- Leigh (with Tania, Daily Bread Production)
- Raymund (with Kyle, Daily Bread Warehouse)
- Morgan (with Sangye, Allan Gardens Food Bank)
- Tashi (with Brianna, New Toronto Street Food Bank)
- Cheri (with Dalton, Daily Bread Reception)
- Gabriela (with Lina, Daily Bread Development)
- Gary (with Pio, Daily Bread Welcome Centre)
Thank you volunteers!! We are so grateful everyday for your hard work, dedication, passion and commitment to ending hunger in our city.
A heartfelt thank you goes out to Gordon Food Service and Escoffier Society for generously donating and preparing a lovely meal for our special guests. And to the Julie Kinner team, who help us out with our celebration and set-up each year. We could not do this without your immense support!
If you would like to learn about volunteering opportunities at Daily Bread, please click here.