Daily Bread Food Bank Holiday Drive
Date: December 1, 2020 - December 31, 2020
Location: Toronto - Map
This past October, there were 110,000 client visits to Toronto food banks – families and individuals living in poverty and experiencing food insecurity will need support more than ever.
While we’ve had to cancel our in person events, we still have an important goal to raise $1M and collect 400,000 lbs of food – the equivalent of 17 Daily Bread trucks!
We need YOUR help to meet the increase in need and ensure our neighbours experiencing hunger will have access to nourishing food this holiday season.
- Give the gift of food by purchasing from our online store. Your symbolic gift you can provide enough food to feed a family of four or help a senior fill their cupboard.
- Make a monetary donation. This year in particular, financial donations will be important to allow us to purchase food that we will not be able to collect from our holiday public drive due to COVID-19 restrictions. For every dollar donated, we can provide one balanced meal for someone experiencing hunger.
- Set-up an online fundraiser. Bring family and friends together in the spirit of giving and set-up an online fundraiser in support of Daily Bread.
- Donate Food. Food donations can still be dropped off safely at your local grocery store or any fire hall in the city. You can also place an online order from your local grocery retailer and have it delivered directly to Daily Bread at 191 New Toronto Street, Toronto, ON, M8V 2E7.
- Advocate for systemic change to end the root cause of hunger – poverty. Connect with your local government officials to let them know that you want to see poverty and food insecurity eliminated in your community.
Thank you for your support, in ensuring everyone’s right to food this holiday season!