Get Involved Advocate for Change
Advocate for Change
Right now, more than four million people are experiencing food insecurity in Canada. At any given time, one in eight households are unable to access enough food to meet their needs because they simply can’t afford it.
At Daily Bread Food Bank, we know that to end hunger, we must end poverty. That is why advocacy is a core component of our mission.
Food insecurity is directly related to poverty. Some of the root causes of poverty and food insecurity include:
- Unemployment, underemployment or low wages
- Lack of affordable housing or access to opportunity
- Chronic health conditions and lack of access to universal healthcare
- Systemic barriers, racism, sexism, ableism, and all forms of discrimination
- Growing income and wealth inequality
You can help make poverty reduction and food security a top policy priority.
Make your voice heard by signing your name to our latest petition.