Thank you for your interest in volunteering onsite at Daily Bread Food Bank
We are currently scheduling individual volunteers (18+) in the following areas:
Please note: You should be comfortable standing for extended periods of time. Depending on the role, you should be able to lift up to 40 lbs.
Operations Support (warehouse)
- Sorting/processing donated food items
- General cleaning and other tasks needed by the operations team
Order Picking (warehouse)
- Picking orders to be sent to Daily Bread member agencies.
- Vegetable preparation, meal preparation, assisting in daily lunch service, cleaning, and dishwashing.
- Assist in set up and serving of meals, cleaning, and dishwashing.
New Toronto Street Food Bank
- Aid program participants to access food
- Set up and maintain food bank space (e.g., cleaning, pre-packing food, restocking shifts, sorting, portioning, and preparing perishable and bulk items)
General Admin Support
- Reception, data entry, mail preparation, and special events help.
(To volunteer in the office, please send an email along with your resume to email@example.com.)
Please note we have taken the following steps to ensure a safe environment:
- All visitors must wash/sanitize their hands upon arrival.
- Increased cleaning of all communal areas
- Volunteers are provided gloves and medical grade masks.
- Volunteers must always wear closed-toe shoes.
- All volunteers must be fully vaccinated.
If you have any concerns, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Individuals requiring hours for legal directives, please contact Tira at (647) 933-6480.