Daily Bread Food Bank respects the privacy of our staff, volunteers and donors and we are committed to keeping your personal information accurate, confidential, secure and private. Daily Bread does not sell, rent, or trade its mailing lists.
- Accountability – we are responsible for all personal information in our possession, and we keep your personal information in the strictest confidence.
- Identifying Purposes – we obtain and record personal information only for specific purposes that we disclose to you.
- Consent – we collect, use or disclose your personal information only with your permission.
- Limiting collection – information we collect from you is for the purposes identified at the time of collection.
- Limiting Use, Disclosure and Retention – we will keep your personal information only as long as necessary for the purposes for which it had been obtained. Daily Bread has developed guidelines and procedures for the disposal/destruction of personal information once its original purposes have been fulfilled.
- Accuracy – we make our best efforts to ensure that all personal information is accurate, complete, and up-to-date. You may seek a correction for any information that you find to be incomplete or incorrect.
- Safeguards – Access to your personal information is protected by safeguards appropriate to the sensitivity of that information and the method of collection.
- Openness – Daily Bread will readily make available to you information about our policies and practices, in a form that is simple and easy to understand.
- Individual Access – we allow you access to your personal information.
- Challenging Compliance – You may make a privacy complaint to Daily Bread Food Bank at any time by contacting the Privacy Officer listed below. All complaints are investigated and, should a complaint be justified, Daily Bread will take all appropriate steps required to rectify the situation.