We are accepting new individual volunteers if you are 18+, and can commit to coming once a week.
Please see below for departments and tasks requiring support at Daily Bread.
You should be comfortable standing for extended periods of time as well as lifting 40 lbs. We have taken the following steps to ensure a safe environment: All visitors must wash their hands upon arrival. We have reduced the number of staff and volunteers on-site at any given time, increased cleaning of all common areas, and provided gloves and masks. Volunteers must always wear closed-toe shoes.
If you have any concerns, please contact email@example.com.
Individuals requiring hours for legal directives, please contact Tira at 416-203-0050 ext. 289.
Thank you for your interest in volunteering at Daily Bread Food Bank!
From solo volunteers to families to companies, close to 12,000 people volunteer at Daily Bread every year and we couldn’t get food to thousands of Torontonians in need without your help.
Here’s what individual volunteers do:
- Packaging pre-packaged hampers
- Sorting/processing donated food items
- Removal of waste and general cleaning
- Other tasks as needed by the operations staff.
- Picking orders to be sent to Daily Bread member agencies.
- Vegetable preparation, cleaning, and dishwashing.
New Toronto Community Shop
- Aid program participants accessing food
- Set-up and maintain food bank space (e.g.,cleaning, pre-packing food, restocking shifts, sorting, portioning, and preparing perishable and bulk items.
- Reception, data entry, mail preparation, and special event help. Please send an email containing your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.