Living with a food allergy, or having a food-allergic child, is stressful enough.
Now, imagine not being able to access the food you need to stay healthy and safe because you can’t afford it.
That’s why Daily Bread Food Bank, with support from Daiya Foods, is piloting an Allergen-Free Pantry at its New Toronto Street Food Bank, located at 191 New Toronto Street, Etobicoke.
Aligned with our Rights-Based framework, the Pantry will provide clients emergency access to safe allergen-free foods.
HOW YOU CAN HELP
You can help keep the pantry stocked by directly donating some of our most-needed items, running an allergen-free food drive or by leveraging your network to introduce us to potential corporate donors.
1) Place and order for a selection of allergen-free foods online through your favourite grocer and have your donation delivered directly to Allergen-Free Pantry c/o New Toronto Street Food Bank, 191 New Toronto Street, Toronto, ON M8V 2E7.
2) Run an allergen-free food drive in you neighbourhood, place of worship, or workplace. For support for your allergen-free food drive, contact Michelle Silva, Community Partnership Coordinator, at 647-951-8218 or email@example.com
3) In-kind corporate donors are vital to Daily Bread’s mission. If you have any connections to companies that manufacture allergen-free foods, we would welcome a warm introduction. Please contact Andrew Manson, Manager, Corporate Partnerships and Food Procurement firstname.lastname@example.org
4) Drop off your donation of allergen-free foods at any of the below locations:
191 New Toronto Street
Weekdays: 8:30 am-4:30 pm
Saturday: 9:00 am-4:00 pm
Entre though the Welcome Centre at Gate 1
1060 Gerrard Street East (at Jones Avenue)
Wed-Thu: 11:00 am-3:00 pm
Friday: 11:00 am-6:00 pm
Saturday: 11:00 am-3:00 pm
3054 Dundas Street West
Mon-Sat: 10:00 am-7:00 pm
Sunday: 10:00 am-5:00 pm
244 Augusta Avenue
Weekdays: 10:00 am-7:00 pm
Weekends: 10:00 am-7:00 pm
Most needed items include:
- Shelf-stable, plant-based milk alternatives (almond, soy, oat)
- Nut-free and/or gluten-free snacks for children
- Gluten-free pasta
- Gluten-free whole grains and flour (quinoa, buckwheat, oat)
- Gluten-free cereals
- Nut and seed butters (almond, soy, cashew, sunflower)