Arrange a pick-up
If you have completed a food drive and collected over 250 lbs (approximately 10 banker boxes), you may request a food pick-up. Check our Resource Centre for more information.
Don’t see your question below? Please get in touch with Michelle Silva, Food Procurement Coordinator 416.203-0050 x241
1. What are your most-needed food items?
We appreciate all donated food, but there are certain items that we always need because of their high nutritional value.
- Baby food and formula
- Peanut butter
- Canned fish and meat
- Canned fruits and vegetables
- Rice, grains, lentils, beans
- Dried pasta
- Pasta sauce and canned tomatoes (whole or crushed)
- Cans of soup and stew
- Powdered, canned and tetra pak milk
2. Where can I drop off my food donations?
Donations can be dropped off at any Toronto fire station or participating grocery store (check here to find a location near you). Or if you’re in the area, come to our facility at 191 New Toronto Street in Etobicoke (Islington/Lakeshore) to drop off your donations.
3. Can I get a tax-receipt for my food donation?
No, we do not issue tax receipts for food donations.