Join the fight to end hunger.
The GTHL is teaming up with Daily Bread Food Bank and food banks across the GTA to help fight hunger this holiday season.
In this era when ‘the length of a hockey stick’ is used as a measure of appropriate social distancing, we’re inviting the families of ‘The G’, GTHL alumni, and hockey fans across the city, to join the GHTL’s Food Goals campaign.
Whether you collect food, give a financial gift, or set up a fundraiser, every donation matters.
Together, we can make sure that our neighbours who experience hunger will have access to the food they need in the challenging months ahead.
Why food banks across the GTA need your support?
Since COVID-19 hit Toronto in March, food bank use has continued to rise rapidly. With a 200% increase in new clients accessing food banks in Toronto during COVID-19 pandemic, your donation will ensure that families who need support can access nutritious food this winter.
Explore below to learn how you can support your local food bank this holiday season!
Here’s how you can support Daily Bread Food Bank:
- Click here to make a financial gift to Daily Bread.
- Click here to set up a peer-to-peer fundraiser and help raise funds for Daily Bread’s food programs.
- Click here to participate in 12 Days of Giving, where you and your family collect items from our most needed items list.
To donate food to Daily Bread, you can:
- Drop off donations directly to Daily Bread’s warehouse at 191 New Toronto St. in Etobicoke weekdays from 9:00 am – 4:00 pm.
- Order items online from your favourite grocery store and have them delivered directly to the Daily Bread warehouse.
- Drop off donations at any fire hall in the city or partner grocer. Find the location of the closest donation bin on the Rocketman app.
Here’s how you can support the Food Bank of York Region:
Click here to make a financial gift to the Food Bank of York Region.
To donate food to the Food Bank of York Region, you can:
- drop off donations at our warehouse at 8201 Keele Street, Units 5-6, Monday to Friday from 8:00 am to 2:30 pm. A link to our most needed items can be found here: FBYR-needs-list.pdf
Here’s how you can support the Knights Table:
Click here to make a financial gift to the Knights Table in Brampton.
To donate food to the Knights Table, you can:
- drop off non-perishable food donations at our food bank
- order online from your favourite grocery store and have items delivered directly to our food bank: Knights Table, 287 Glidden Road Unit 8, Brampton, ON L6W 1H9
Here’s how you can support the Mississauga Food Bank:
- Click here to make a financial donation to the Mississauga Food Bank! $1 = food for 2 meals!
- Organize a fundraiser or food drive!
- Participate in 12 Days of Giving! From December 1 to 12, collect the food and household items our neighbours need the most. Drop off your boxes on Saturday, December 19 between 11:00 a.m. – 3:00 p.m. at their Contactless Holiday Drive-Thru Event.
To donate food to the Mississauga Food Bank, you can:
- drop off donations directly at The Mississauga Food Bank at 3121 Universal Drive
- drop off donations at any fire station in Mississauga. Click here for more details.
Here’s how you can support North York Harvest Food Bank:
Click here to make a financial gift to North York Harvest.
To donate food to North York Harvest, you can:
- Drop off donations at our main office and warehouse location at 116 Industry Street, Toronto, ON, M6M 4L8, weekdays from 9:30 am – 3:00 pm. When dropping off food, please call ahead at 416-635-7771 x 0 to notify our staff of the time of your arrival. Bring your vehicle around to the back of the building complex and look for the North York Harvest signage.
- Food donations can also be dropped off at local fire halls and designated bins at participating supermarkets.