Join the fight to end hunger.
The GTHL is teaming up with Daily Bread Food Bank and food banks across the GTA to help fight hunger this holiday season.
In this era when ‘the length of a hockey stick’ is used as a measure of appropriate social distancing, we’re inviting the families of ‘The G’, GTHL alumni, and hockey fans across the city, to join the second annual GHTL Food Goals campaign.
Whether you collect food, give a financial gift, or set up a fundraiser, every donation matters.
Why do food banks across the GTA need your support?
Although a sense of normalcy is slowly returning to our communities, for those living in poverty, the reality is very different. Food bank visits in Toronto have increased over 50% since last year. If these rates continue, it’s projected that Toronto food banks will see 1.4 million visits in 2021, the highest number ever recorded in the city’s history.
The GTHL Food Goals program is a way for teams, players, and their families to come together this holiday season to help ensure that our neighbours experiencing hunger across the GTA can continue to access fresh, nutritious food.
Explore below to learn how you can support your local food bank this holiday season!
Here’s how you can support Daily Bread Food Bank:
- Click here to make a financial gift to Daily Bread.
- Click here to set up a peer-to-peer fundraiser and help raise funds for Daily Bread’s food programs.
To donate food to Daily Bread, you can:
- Drop off donations directly to Daily Bread’s warehouse at 191 New Toronto St. in Etobicoke weekdays from 9:00 am – 4:00 pm.
- Order items online from your favourite grocery store and have them delivered directly to the Daily Bread warehouse.
- Drop off donations at any fire hall or partner grocer.
Here’s how you can support the Food Bank of York Region:
Click here to make a financial gift to the Food Bank of York Region.
Sign up to get involved with the FBYR by volunteering your time.
- Drop off non-perishable food and non-food donations at our warehouse at 8201 Keele Street, Units 5-6, Monday to Friday from 8:00 am to 2:30 pm. Our most needed items list can be found here.
Here’s how you can support the Knights Table:
Click here to make a financial gift to the Knights Table in Brampton. To donate food to the Knights Table, you can:
- Drop off non-perishable food donations at our food bank
- Order online from your favourite grocery store and have items delivered directly to our food bank: Knights Table, 287 Glidden Road Unit 8, Brampton, ON L6W 1H9
Here’s how you can support the Mississauga Food Bank:
- Click here to make a financial donation to the Mississauga Food Bank! $1 = food for 2 meals!
- Organize a fundraiser or food drive!
- Participate in 12 Days of Giving! From December 1 to 12, collect the food and household items our neighbours need the most. Drop off your donations on Saturday, December 18 between 10:00 a.m. – 2:00 p.m. at their Holiday Contactless Drive-Thru Food Drive.
To donate food to The Mississauga Food Bank, you can:
- Join us for a festive event and drop off your donations at our Holiday Contactless Drive-Thru Food Drive (details above)
- Drop off donations directly at The Mississauga Food Bank at 3121 Universal Drive
- Drop off donations at any fire station in Mississauga. Click here for more details.
Here’s how you can support North York Harvest Food Bank:
Click here to make a financial gift to North York Harvest.
To donate food to North York Harvest, you can:
- Drop off donations at our main office and warehouse location at 116 Industry Street, Toronto, ON, M6M 4L8, weekdays from 9:30 am – 3:00 pm. When dropping off food, please call ahead at 416-635-7771 x 0 to notify our staff of the time of your arrival. Bring your vehicle around to the back of the building complex and look for the North York Harvest signage.
- Food donations can also be dropped off at local fire halls and designated bins at participating supermarkets.