While hosting golf tournaments or barbeques to fundraise for Daily Bread might not be possible this summer, with the help of modern technology and a little creative thinking, there are still plenty of ways your company can support our mission to end hunger in Toronto!
Before you cancel any fundraising events, consider whether you can turn it into something digital or virtual and if you can’t, let this list be your guide to fundraising this season:
- Fundraising challenges: Set up a fundraiser and invite employees/colleagues to join as individuals or teams. Have participants partake in challenges and raise funds on behalf of daily bread! Whether it’s a readathon where the participant asks their network to support them by the book, a physical challenge where they commit to climbing flights of stairs or running a certain number of kilometers, or having to wear a funny costume if they surpass their goal, this is a great way to bring everyone together around a common cause!
- Industry Competitions: Whether you work at a law office, bank, restaurant or a local business, creating some friendly competition with another member of your industry is a fun way to give back. Find out who can raise the most amount of food or funds by registering your fundraiser and claim your spot as Daily Bread’s best fundraiser in your industry!
- Start a food Drive: Food drives are a wonderful way to get your employees and coworkers involved in Daily Bread’s mission and it’s easy too! Register your food drive and take a look at our most needed items list. You may also want to consider foods that reflect cultural and dietary restrictions, such as gluten-free and halal items.
- Host a virtual gala or party: Your office can watch a live stream of your event from the comforts of their own home! The program could include a musical performance, a local comedian, or an office awards ceremony. Attendees can dress up and upload photos or videos that you can share via livestream or they can watch from home in their casual Friday attire! Sell tickets or collect donations and have everyone come together for an evening of fun and entertainment.
- Donation matching: Hundreds of Canadian companies will match their employees’ charitable donations or even donate money for volunteer hours! Find out if your company has a matching gift program. It’s an easy, simple way for your generosity and support to reach more people in need.
When your office is full of non-perishable food donations and you are on your way to our warehouse, or you’ve finally run your first marathon, be sure to take a picture and tag us on social media! Find us @dailybreadto on Instagram and Twitter! #WeAreDailyBread