The CP Holiday Train Is Back!
Date: November 29, 2022
Time: 8:15-9:00 PM (but please arrive early to get a good spot)
Location: CP Yard Office parking lot - Map
After a two-year hiatus due to COVID, the CP Holiday Train is riding the rails again! The cross-continent tour to raise money, food and awareness for the local food banks along the route is set to stop in Toronto on Tuesday, November 29. The train arrives at 8:15 and musical entertainment will run from 8:30-9:00 PM. We recommend arriving early to get a good spot!
The show is free to attend, but please consider donating cash or nonperishable food to our team on site if you’re able. All donations from the Toronto stop will support Daily Bread Food Bank.
At the event, you can:
- Watch the 1,000-foot-long train chug into the station, each of its 14 cars alight with holiday cheer
- Sway to the lilted ballads of Tenille Townes, the Juno-winning country musician who also has 15 Canadian Country Music Awards under her belt
- Listen to a show by Indigenous performer Aysanabee, whose songs tell stories about his life and reconnecting with his roots
- Say hi to Santa and a Toronto Fire team, who will be on site as well
- Support Daily Bread Food Bank with cash and nonperishable food donations!
“The Holiday Train is all about families and communities coming together to celebrate the season and help those in need. We are excited to be back out on the rails and in our communities, taking these two beautiful trains across our network and sharing the joy that comes with gathering in the spirit of giving,” said Keith Creel, CP President and Chief Executive Officer, in a statement.
Click here to view the full cross-continent tour schedule and find more information about the musical performances.
If you’re not able to attend the event but would still like to support Daily Bread, please donate at the button below.